Kentucky: 859-261-1111 Ohio: 513-861-8000 Toll Free: 888-811-3247
Areas & Topics

Pedestrian Accidents in Kentucky

When involved in pedestrian accidents in Kentucky, a pedestrian is usually unable to work and will suffer financial stresses. They may also suffer from pain that keeps them from doing day to day things. This is why it is important for a pedestrian to know what steps they should take to get back some of what they have lost.

Pedestrian Accidents in Kentucky

When it comes to allocation of fault in pedestrian accidents in Kentucky, there are usually issues. This is because the driver normally believes that the accident was the pedestrians fault and vice versa. However, in most cases pedestrians are hit by vehicles because the driver is usually distracted or careless. In Kentucky, the law is a comparative fault law. Which means that if one person is shown to be 80% at fault the other person can seek compensation for the other 20% of fault.

Financial Recovery

When it comes to financial recovery there are many areas in which you can seek compensation you feel you are entitled. These areas include pain and suffering, lost wages, medical bills, and bodily injury claim from the driver's insurance. If the driver did not have insurance, the pedestrian can usually seek compensation from their own insurance under the uninsured motorist coverage. Under certain circumstances, a pedestrian may also be able to seek further compensation if they are currently living with someone who has automobile insurance coverage.

Role of the Attorney

To have a better idea of the percentage of fault you could be looking at, it is important to have an attorney that knows all of the variables, as well as experience in the field. The qualified attorney will also have a better understanding of what compensation you should be able to seek along with helping you to plead your case the best you can. This is because of their knowledge and deep understanding of the law. When it comes to pedestrian accidents in Kentucky, seeking a qualified personal injury attorney is paramount to recovering losses, and receiving the medical care you need.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Contact

The Law Offices of Christopher Jackson
121 East 4th Street
Covington, KY 41011

Toll Free: 888-811-3247
Phone: 513-861-8000
Phone: 859-261-1111
Fax: 859-261-0888
Map & Directions

IMG_3131.JPG